Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Healthy Blue Berry Bran Muffin.



For Christmas last year 2013 my mother in law gave me a cute little box filled with typed up index cards of her own personal recipes, I know totally thoughtful. I had started experimenting with cooking earlier that month so by then I was ready to take my training wheels off. The recipe above is hers, and I added the blue berries to switch things up a bit. I told you I took my training wheels off.





Ingredients 
2 Cups -All Bran Cereal
1 1/4 Cup Milk
1 Egg
1 Cup all purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Applesauce Plain or 2 Tbls Cooking oil
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees in cupcake pan

Ok so this is what I do I follow the recipe above except I've never used applesauce to be honest Im just seeing that applesauce was on the recipe now that I'm typing it. I've never used the oil either I didn't see that entire line. It hasn't affected the flavor though they still come out amazing, trust me.

You soak the bran cereal in the milk for 10 minutes. Then you add all the other ingredients and mix them around with a fork I add the blue berries last, how many blue berries you want to add is up to you really I eyeball it and throw them in you don't need a lot just enough.

Then I grease my cupcake pan with oil and spoon out the batter into individual cups. Put it in the oven after the oven is nice and hot (I suggest prepping your oven by turning it on after you've soaked your bran for ten minutes). 

After twenty minutes your muffins are read, nice simple and sweet. 






No comments:

Post a Comment