Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Super healthy Jam Packed Summer Smoothie


Ingredients 
5 strawberries
handful of blue berries
Half of a banana 
Half cup of yogurt 
Plum, dice up a few tiny pieces
7 grapes
1 pinch of ginger
a little water to get your bonder going (not much) and some ice.

This smoothie I make in the morning to start my day and at night before I drink my nighty tea and go to bed.  I have so much energy and just feel amazing after I drink it I swear to you. Blueberries rank 


second to strawberries in the worlds favorite berry and I've got them both in my smoothie. Yes I reused my Starbucks cup, recycle is good for mother Earth lol. You just throw all the ingredients together and press start on your blender. I swear to you it will taste amazing I use vanilla yoplait yogurt, but you can use whatever you like.

The Super Ingredients and why they are good for you:

This is why my summer smoothie is so good for you: On top of having one of the highest antioxidants among all fruits, vegetables and spices blue berries have recently been proven to improve brain health and memory. They've reach superstar status on all the amazing things this little fruit does for the body.
Strawberries ar not only beautiful but very good for you, they are known as the Queen Fruit in some Asian countries. Strawberries help burn stored fat, boost short term memory, ease inflammation in the body especially for women, has anti aging properties, lowers cardiovascular disease, promotes bone health and lots of other amazing things.


We all know that Banana's are amazing they are a natural form of energy, much needed potassium and has a lot of digestive health benefits. A Study done some time ago showed that cyclist who had one and a half banana every hour while riding, got the same energy boost as they would if they were having an energy drink.

Yogurt has a bunch of health benefits of its own as well helping your gut to digest it's food and certain gastrointestinal conditions including diarrhea and colon cancer. yogurt discourages vaginal infections in women such as yeast infections, helping to maintain a healthy vagina. Also yogurt makes you feel full, which is perfect who wants to over eat.
Grapes are also amazing as they serve as an anti-inflammatory agent, blood sugar benefits along with anti aging and anti cancer benefits.

Another super ingredient in my smoothie is Ginger, being Jamaican and being from the Caribbean we love ginger we use it for cooking anything really. Ginger is for too many reasons it increases cell death in Ovarian cancer cells, boosts your immune system, gastrointestinal benefits, an anti inflammatory and also good for nausea and vomiting in pregnant women. I know that because my mother used to tell me all she could drink when she was pregnant with me was ginger beer or she would be sick all day.

And last but not least plus I love plums they are so juicy and tasty and these babies pack a bunch of benefits along with them: Great for relieving constipation, protects your heart, protects against cancer and cell damage, prevents diabetes ,supports brain health and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment