Friday, August 15, 2014

Vegetarian Black Bean Burgers!!!!!!!


Listen I have been searching High and low for delicious vegetarian meals, you might be asking why. Well last year I did a one month detox inOctober and didn't eat meat the entire month, it was amazing not only did my body fee lighter, but I had more energy and was waking earlier. It could have just been my mind but I felt amazing, I'm looking forward to doing another one month detox and ultimately going vegan.


This recipe is simple and can take just a little under 30 minutes to a lot longer depending on how you want to do your peas. You can buy pre-cooked black beans in the tin and just drain them and go right in or you can prepare your own black beans by cooking the raw ones yourself (thats what I did I like to do it all myself)

Ingredients 
16 oz of Black Beans
1 Egg
1/2 Cup of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon cumin
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 spoon of hot sauce

Drain the water or liquid from your beans to start.

Mash your beans really good.


Now after you have drained the beans crush them with a fork or anything that works for you so its nice and mushy you can add some diced garlic to this also. if you have a food processor you can throw some onions, green peppers and whatever else you want spice wise in your processor to get it in a nice consistency to work with.

Our next step is making a paste to that we will pour into our mashed black beans.

The paste you will make 

What it should look like after you've added the  paste.
For the paste you're going to mix and egg, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce (optional) whisk it together until its a  nice consistency. Then pour the mixture into your mashed black beans, mix that in well, then add half a cup of breadcrumbs, still the mixture until its sticky and begin to hold together.

Then form them into patties on your baking sheet, bake them at 375 degrees for 10 minutes on each side. Tell me if thats not the yummiest thing you've ever had, its very filling and healthy!!!

Don't sleep on this burger its packed with flavor

Add whatever you want to complete your burger!!!

Ill definitely be making these again for sure, if you'd like to watch the Youtube video where I got this recipe  Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment